Sketches, Artwork, Quotes & Interviews

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Why Am I Blogging?

Why am I doing this?

I don't really get blogging...

I'm just getting an early start on a New Year's resolution, to create something every day, some piece of art or some creative marks, every day. This blog will be an archive of those little efforts.

If anyone would like to comment about these or your own efforts, please do so. I believe that we are all doing creative things ALL day actually, and this archive is looking specifically at small art efforts. It would be nice to hear about similar daily efforts in writing, music, acting, dance, design, decorating, dressing, or cooking. I don't actually expect anyone to follow this blog, it's just an archive--but in case there are others with similar interests, welcome to this daily art snip.

How will I find time to create something every day?

I have a plan. Simple, easy to use supplies, on a little writing desk. right next to my bed.

So for actual paintings, I go to my basement studio, but for little daily marks, I figure there is always time for a quick pen & ink contour, or fast, gestural wash, in a little  5 x7 watercolor pad. This can be done during morning coffee or at midnight. At least I think it can, that's my hypothesis, we'll see!

How will these little art snips look? I don't know, and it doesn't matter.

Let's take a look at the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment